Key professional milestones
Serving institutional brokerage clients
Before joining the MBaer Merchant, Daniel worked for 13 years on the sell side in equity brokerage at Bank Vontobel in Zurich.
- He mainly served sophisticated institutional clients in Scandinavia, Benelux and Switzerland
- As a sales trader he was responsible for order generation, block trading, idea generation and advising in Swiss equities as well as the expansion of the client base
Previously, he worked for numerous years at large and smaller institutions such as Credit Suisse First Boston, ABN AMRO Bank and Privatbank Ihag in equity and derivatives trading.
- At Credit Suisse First Boston, as Head Trading Swiss Equities, he led the Nostro and Execution Trading team
- He was significantly involved in the introduction of the Swiss Electronic Stock Exchange (EBS) at ABN AMRO and at Privatbank Ihag Zürich AG as Lead Trader
Daniel started his career at Credit Suisse Zurich, where he was able to gain in-depth knowledge in various departments in equity and options trading and capital markets business:
- Individual trainee program (capital markets business, equity bond and options trading)
- Seven years as market maker for options and financial futures (SOFFEX)
- Business Economist HMZ, Trade and Management School Zug
Daniel speaks fluent German and English.