Key professional milestones
Prior to joining MBaer, May worked for:
- The Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs in Eastern Europe;
- The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) covering international trade agreements and economic matters;
- The UN in the Western Balkans focusing on human rights and national law reform.
Since moving to Zurich, May has gathered a wealth of compliance experience. She has worked for one of the top US investment banks, as well as for other large international banks, including Brazilian, French, and German banks. She is interested in money laundering regulations, Automatic Exchange of Information (AEoI) & FATCA, as well as international matters.
- Bachelor of Arts, specializing in US political history
- Master of Science (honors), focusing on Political Science & International Relations
- Diploma, Université de la Sorbonne (France), French Language & Literature
May is fluent in English and German, with a good understanding of French. In her free time, she is actively working to improve her Greek, Italian, and Spanish.