Key professional milestones
Expertise in financial market regulation
Marcel has been a partner in the Bratschi AG law company since 2015. He is an independent adviser, handling mandates in selected fields such as:
- regulation and compliance with financial market law for banks and financial intermediaries
- supporting banks and financial intermediaries in their dealings with the supervisory authorities
He regularly writes articles for publication and also speaks on his specialist areas of interest.
Management role at the Federal Banking Commission
Previously, Marcel worked for over two decades at the Federal Banking Commission and FINMA, first in the legal department and later as head of the stock exchange supervisory body. In this role, his responsibilities included:
- regulating banks, securities traders and other financial intermediaries
- regulating stock exchanges and clearing and settlement processes
- management and supervisory procedures
Marcel has also worked at the Swiss Holdings Federation on capital and financial market regulation, at the law company Leu & Aellen and at KPMG.
- Dr. of Law, University of Bern
- Attorney at Law
- Studied Law at the University of Bern
Marcel speaks German, French and English.