Key professional milestones
Integrated client advice
Before joining MBaer Merchant Bank, Moritz worked in private banking as a member of senior management at the Zürcher Kantonalbank for over ten years.
- There he spent about eight years handling complex mandates with a focus on tailored investment advice, asset management, mortgages, pensions, taxation and inheritance planning.
- After that, he was responsible for establishing and developing the new “Financial Consulting" area of business.
Specialist in financial planning
Before that, he worked for over 10 years in Zurich at VZ Vermögenszentrum AG, a leading independent financial services provider in the fields of financial consulting, asset management and insurance.
- In terms of financial consulting and asset management, Moritz spent several years handling complex financial planning mandates and supporting key clients in managing their overall wealth. During this time he built up a dedicated team of financial consultants.
- When he startet, Moritz worked on insurance, giving advice to private and corporate clients on pensions and company insurance matters. He was also responsible for setting up a new broker service to support clients in optimizing their insurance portfolio.
A career that began in the insurance sector
Moritz honed his skills in financial advice when he worked for over 8 years at Winterthur Versicherung AG, a well-known Swiss insurance company.
- Through working in different areas of business including property, liability, vehicle and travel insurance claims, he began to build up his longstanding expertise in handling client mandates.
- Moritz was also involved in setting up a new branch for handling insurance claims in St. Moritz, where he dealt with cases independently and organised insurance claim inspections.
- Executive MBA, University of Chicago
- Executive Program, Swiss Finance Institute
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Zurich University of Applied Sciences
Moritz speaks fluent German and English and has a good knowledge of French and Spanish.