Key professional milestones
Before joining MBaer Merchant Bank, Patrick worked for an investment management boutique and helped to grow the business across various dimensions. With more than 10+ years of experience, he has gained broad insights within the financial services industry.
Multi-asset investment solutions for UHNWIs and institutional clients
As Head Investment Advisory & Senior Portfolio Manager, Patrick worked with highly sophisticated clients (UHNWIs, institutionals, SWFs) and implemented state-of-the-art investment solutions.
- Managed tailored multi-asset portfolios and generated tactical trading ideas for advisory clients.
- Developed and managed two award-winning CTA strategies for institutional clients.
- Created overlay and hedging strategies for multinationals and pension funds.
Co-manager of the family office unit & digital innovation
As part of the management team, Patrick co-designed and grew the family office unit, serving complex global client structures.
- Developed a multi-family office platform and managed diverse portfolios consisting of private equity, real estate, art and crypto.
- Built a digital multi-asset managed account platform as a modular investment solution.
As Head Investment Research, Patrick managed the research team and built the cross-asset investment framework.
- Responsible for primary and secondary research focusing on global macro, sectors and companies.
- Leveraged data analytic methods for assessing investment hypotheses and developed several rule-based investment strategies.
- MBA from INSEAD
- Master in Banking & Finance (University of Zurich)
- Bachelor in Banking & Finance (University of Zurich)
Patrick speaks fluent German and English.