Key professional milestones
Country responsibility and key clients
Before joining MBaer Merchant Bank, Alain was country manager for Central- and Eastern Europe at Bank Syz AG for about 7 years. He was specialized in key clients with comprehensive private banking needs.
Many years of experience in the markets of Central and Eastern Europe
Previously, Alain worked for more than 20 years at various banks, focusing on the Central and Eastern European markets:
Bank Julius Baer & Co.
- Set-up, development and management of a represenation office in Moscow
- Team leader and supporter of client advisors in client development
Clariden Leu Ltd.
- Client advisory and asset management for private key clients domiciled in Austria and Russia
Coutts Bank (Switzerland) Ltd.
- Servicing of private and corporate clients with focus on the Austrian and Russian markets
- Development and expansion of corporate client and letter of credit business
Bank Austria (Switzerland) Ltd.
- Assistance in the development of the Austrian market with focus on Private Banking
- Comprehensive customer service in various banking areas for demanding private customers
Beginnings in banking
Prior to his long career focusing on private and corporate clients, Alain acquired his basic banking knowledge at Bank Sarasin & Cie. This included in particular activities for institutional clients in the field of asset management.
- Degree in Business Administration (lic. oec.) with specialization in macroeconomics, bank management and political science at the University of Basel, Switzerland
Alain is fluent in German, English and French and has knowledge of Italian and Russian.