Key professional milestones
International experience at banks, central banks and academia
Before joining MBaer Merchant Bank, Francesco worked at Bank Julius Baer and UBS in Zurich in various roles, including portfolio manager, interest rates strategist, risk manager and fund analyst.
He collaborates with the Swiss Finance Institute (SFI) and co-leads some Master Classes together with SFI Professors and other financial professionals.
Previously, he was Statistician at the European Central Bank (ECB) in Frankfurt and Analyst at the Committee of European Banking Supervisors (CEBS) in London.
He started his professional career as Economist at Banca Intesa in Milan.
During his PhD studies, he was Assistant Professor of Public Economics at Bocconi University.
Economist and Financial Engineer
Francesco is passionate about investments and economics. He translates state-of art academic research into investment solutions for clients. He enjoys sharing his knowledge with other financial professionals and academics.
He is an expert user of various statistical packages and databases, including MATLAB, Python, EViews, Bloomberg and Morningstar.
- Certificate in Financial Engineering & Risk Management (Columbia University)
- Certificate in Investment Management with Python and Machine Learning (EDHEC Risk Institute)
- PhD in Economics (Pavia University)
- MSc in Economics & Econometrics (Southampton University)
- BA in Economics (Bocconi University, Marks: 110/110)
Francesco speaks fluent Italian and English.